Midwest Energy Policy Conference
October 4-5, 2016
Eric P. Newman Education Center, Washington University at St. Louis
This year’s speakers will address the far-reaching topic of resiliency in our energy systems.
The Midwest Energy Policy Conference provides diverse perspectives and engaging discussions on today’s most pressing energy issues facing the Midwest. This year the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and the Laufer Energy Symposium of the Missouri University of Science and Technology are joining the Missouri Energy Initiative in presenting the conference.
We’ve lined up speakers this year we think you’ll find fascinating and thought-provoking, especially with the 2016 theme of resiliency.
- Controversial energy theorist Alex Epstein of the Center for Industrial Progress will be speaking on Energy Poverty.
- Michael Webber, professor at the University of Texas, will address “Thirst for Power: Energy, Water and Human Survival”, the subject of his new book.
- Cybersecurity, a growing area of concern in the energy field, will be the subject of a panel discussion by Joe Abrenio of the Midwest Cybersecurity Alliance and Michael Deggendorf, CEO of Grid Assurance.
- Microgrids: Resilience in Practice
- Integrated Grids
- Natural Gas: Extraction to Consumption
- Performance-based Ratemaking
Consider being a conference sponsor. Your sponsorship will help provide diverse, fact-based presentations and engaging discussions on the Midwest’s most pressing energy issues, while giving your organization key visibility. For sponsorship information, click here.
|Lodging is available at the Parkway Hotel. Click here for hotel reservations or call the hotel at 314-256-7777.|
Thank you to the MEPC 2016 sponsors.
2016 Session Line (Dates and times TBD)
|Energy Poverty||Alex Epstein, Center for Industrial Progress|
|Thirst for Power: Energy, Water and Human Survival||Michael Webber, University of Texas Austin|
|Natural Gas – Extraction to Consumption||Sid Green|
|Performance Based Ratemaking||TBD|
|Cybersecurity||Joe Abrenio, Midwest Cybersecurity Alliance|
|Microgrid: Resilience in Practice||Burns McDonnell|
|Joseph Smith, Mo S&T|
|The Integrated Grid||Barbara Tyran, Electric Power Research Institute EPRI|
|Steve Stoll, Mo PSC Commissioner|